Holidays are always a great way to showcase your home. I recently had a great conversation with Jamie Watford Owner/President of JW Nash & Co. Interior Decorator & Certified Home Stager and she suggested the following....
- Red and green has always been a long time favorite. Gold, silver, rose-gold tones have been very popular and pair well with the neutral color pallet in homes today.
- For entertaining have a dessert bar and guest warm-up hot cocoa bar. Set-up a beverage station use your punch bowl as iced wine cooler. Always set-out a bottle of champagne and plenty of flutes for guest to serve themselves. Have a self garnish station set-up with olives, onions, cherries, limes, lemons and anything else you know your guests enjoy. Have your bar set-up in the kitchen or butler pantry.
- Use your dining room for the food buffet. If you have a buffet table, use that table as a dessert bar. Think of how many guests you are inviting to your gathering. You always want to think of traffic flow so you're guests are able to mix and mingle with each other. When having a gathering at your home, always use glass stem ware, not plastic and use cloth napkins, not paper. The clean up is easy just place the glassware into the dishwasher and wash the cloth napkins.
- If you're bring in prepared food, transfer the food items into your own serving bowls, try to match all your serving pieces Easy entertaining is just serve appetizers and desserts. Always have non-alcoholic beverage to for the designated driver or those that prefer non-alcoholic drinks. Always anticipate your guests needs.
- Candlelight always adds a soft, romantic light to any table, glow and sets the mood. If your lights are on dimmers, turn down the lights in every room another way to create the mood. Don't forget the kiddos, set-up a kids table with a craft. Use white butcher block paper and have crayons out and the kids can play games or draw on the paper.
- Pick a theme and carry out thought out your living room, dining room and kitchen you want everything to flow together. I like to use timeless heirloom treasures from family members. I like to change out living room and bedroom pillows and throws for the winter months. I use a plaid or a faux animal furry pillow or throw so that you can use throughout the fall and winter months. Not just at the holidays.
- If you're just starting out in your first home, start with your living room, dining and kitchen. These are the main areas your guests will see this holiday season. Just remember... a well decorated home sets the mood for your family and friends.
- I like to use mix of fresh greenery magnolia leaves, Fraser fir, boxwood, with a few larger ornaments and ribbon and carry the scheme from the mailbox to the front door with matching garlands and wreaths and lights. For table centerpiece use the fresh boxwood, sprigs of greenery Fraser fir, berries, pine cones, branches, magnolia leaves, larger ornaments and ribbon. Again, keeping the same elements from outside and caring them thought out your indoor living spaces. A simple arrangement is cutting branch of magnolia and placing in a pretty jar.
- When is it time to call an expert? If you are feeling overwhelmed, not enjoying the holiday, feeling like there is not enough time to get everything accomplished. Then it's time to call in for help. Focus on things that are the most important to 'you' during the holiday season. Just remember the holiday season is just two month out of the year. I
- Poinsettia is a Holiday standard. Inexpensive holiday accessory. Poinsettia come in so many different color varieties. Just remember if you have pets, you may need to rethink poinsettia in your holiday decor. Paper white are another holiday favorite- kids like to plant and watch grow.
- Tip: If you have urn at the front door, purchase a live boxwood tree from your local nursery and just add a bow.
- If I can leave you with one last thought...If things aren't just right, just go with it. No one will ever know, but you.
Please let Jamie Watford "Style With What You Have" know if you have any questions, she is the Owner, JW Nash & Co. Interior Decorator & Certified Home Stager P: 615-513-8593 E: email@example.com W: jwnashandco.com
I hope these ideas are helpful during the Holiday season and Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS
Jarod Tanksley 615.403.8265
"You've got a Friend in Real Estate"
www.BrentwoodandBeyond.com (More Helpful Blogs)
Brentview Realty 615.373.2814